Monday, January 21, 2008

7 Weeks Already!!

Well, Avery is 7 weeks already and growing like a weed. At my final appt. with the midwives Avery had gained 3 lbs from her lowest weight and grew 3 inches!! She is now tipping the scales at almost 9 1/2 lbs!! Martina was almost 3 months old before she was that big! Martina has settled in to being a big sister and is the biggest helper a mother could ask for. Although it comes at the price of an attitude, she is the BIG sister now so she knows it all. LOL. I knew at the beginning when Avery was such a good sleeper that it had to be too good to be true. It was. She sleeps well through the night only waking up at 5:30 or so to eat and goes back to sleep but it is the bedtime routine that is a problem. She takes forever to fall asleep and stay asleep. It has been about 12 or 1 am before she is falling asleep for the night. The last couple of nights it's been closer to 11 or so but tonight it was 9:30!!! Yeah!! Let's see if we can keep this bedtime. It is a 2-3 hour ritual to get her down for the night. Needless to say I'm exhausted but it is all worth it when I see my little baby smile. Check out these pics I took at 6 1/2 weeks. She just started smiling a few days before.


I'll keep trying to post more often. It's easier to keep in touch this way!!

1 comment:

Kristi-Anna said...

Great photos! She is such a darling!! Sorry to hear about the attitude... having a 7yo here, I will warn you that it doesn't get much better ;) LOL!

As for the sleeping, here's a trick I used with JA. When you go to put Avery down for the night, take off your shirt, inside out, and lay it down in her bed/crib/bassinet and then lay her on that. That SO helped us with JA when she would not go to sleep... it was like tricking her into thinking I was still there! LOL! It worked!!!